February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day


In February, fifteen years ago, Scott and I went to get our passport pictures taken and on our way out we saw this photo booth and I looked at him and said "Come on, let's take a photo to remember this moment" He was going to London to study for the summer with his grad school program, and we decided that I should meet up with him after he was done and we would backpack through Europe together. We spent our first Valentine's together at the bookstore buying books about Italy, France and Spain written by Rick Steves and The Lonely Planet, planning our summer adventure. I started making a pizza from scratch from a much beloved recipe our friends had given us for Chicago Style pizza. As I was putting the ingredients together at 7 o'clock, I came across the part where the dough was suppose to rise for at least 2 hours.....WHAT!, that didn't really matter did it. We both agreed 30 minutes should be okay, and went on putting it together. Needless to say it didn't work out, and we ordered pizza shortly after we tasted my disastrous first attempt. We still laugh about it today.
This past summer we came across another photo booth - the kind where you find funny stuff to wear - and I looked at Scott again and said "Come on, let's take a photo to remember this moment". This time 4 of us got into the booth. Our family. We have had many adventures since that first Valentine's Day, and many homemade pizzas (I finally got the hang of it). I have and still do love every moment of our life together. I feel so incredibly lucky. Happy Valentine's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment